Thursday, September 16, 2010

date me perfectly, as opposed to the perfect date

this has been in my mind since this morning. what to post. and this keeps popping up.
my first date was with my now husband, then bf. it felt almost extra special like in the movies, since we tried out a japanese resto at ortigas area.  they had no customers.  i can think of it as he paid the whole place for just the two of us. then we got drunk in the car and i went home, my mind swirling from all the tequila shots i took, until i fell asleep. 

i also had a relationship with a girl. she's technically (a lot of techincalities in my life) my first 'bf/gf', and also the last. i'm not bi sexual or anything. i don't look at girls 'that' way or feel attracted to them. it's just she gave me everything i ever wanted. emotionally as well as physically. hey, beggars can't be 'choosy'. though i can't remember our first date...

so after enumerating the only 2 serious relationships in my life, i have yet to fufill my 'perfect date'...

the perfect date is showing up at your doorstep with a bouquet or a single rose whatever color, dinner, laughter, getting to know each other, coffee at starbucks, more importantly, being at ease with each other. of course, he'll take you home, kiss you goodnight with the 'first kiss' and you'll feel so kilig to the bones all the way to your bedroom and can't seem to stop smiling.

date me perfectly is more of a fantasy. anyone can achieve the perfect date. but this has a lot to do more with what you see in the movies. the extravagant ways like when jun pyo took jandi on the beach on a force date...
or suddenly whisking you off to paris for a night to remember.

mine would start with they way he would ask me out. making me think it was anything but a date or the line, "would you go out with me" from someone you like would both send shivers to your spine.

let's play out the first one.

Jared took a swig of his patron tequila and purposedly walked towards me.  gathering up courage i presume while i assume that he was attracted to me and was about to ask me out. 
"i need to go over some things with you bright and early tomorrow, can you meet me at say, around 8am?"
shocked, that since we were at a bar and he just took a shot, that he would still be talking business.
all i managed to say was "uh, sure?" with a confused look on my face.

the next morning, the company car was waiting for me to take me to his office.  Jared, being the owner of his IT company, sure has his pull on things. 
it was probably because he asked for a meeting earlier than usual, i said to myself...
but we didn't drive to his office. the driver drove me to the airport.
i checked my phones for any messages that would shed some light on this development but found no messages.  i would've asked the driver but we were already at the airport and i saw him standing near the entrance.

"what is all this?" i asked him immediately
he just smiled slyly and hurriedly pulled me towards the check in counter.
i wanted to pull back but my urge to see where this was going got the better of me.

after checking in, we waited for our flight to only God knows where because i wasn't wearing my glasses to check out the flight details on the screen and he just took my ID from me for attendant to verify.  i gave in because i also didn't want to make a scene. 

as soon as we settled at the cafe, i've bombarded him with questions left and right.
"where are we going!?"
"what are you doing!?"
"this is kidnapping!"


"calm down, the client requested for this" was all he said dismissively

"but.." i started to protest but was cut off.

"your bags are pack and you're ready to go, besides this wouldn't take long anyway"

i wanted to ask what are the things he packed for me but they were already announcing that we can board the plane.

that's when i found out we're going to boracay.

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your valuable comment.